Job objective & responsibilities
OUR VALUES AND BEHAVIOURS
Respect – This means respecting each other, great communication, valuing contributions, respecting differences and supporting one another.
Collaboration – This is all about teamwork and remembering that we are all working towards the same goal. It’s also about how we work with our clients and their other suppliers. We are one team!
Integrity – This is about being honest, reliable and trustworthy and always delivering on promises.
Innovation – This is about striving to always improve, working smarter, coming up with new ideas and having the confidence to share them. At the same time it’s about embracing change.
Excellence – This is all about striving to be the very best brand ambassador, exceeding expectations to build value and give us and our clients a real competitive advantage.
Trust – This is all about being consistent, organised and reliable. It’s also about doing what you say you are going to do and not promising what you can’t deliver
Our values & behaviours
OVERVIEW OF JOB DESCRIPTION
As Welcome Host you will be an integral part of the Edinburgh Airport Team, contributing to its success. Reporting to the airport directly, you will work alongside other colleagues and other partners to deliver brilliant customer service to passengers. Hours of work to cover a 7 days a week operation including bank holidays.
It is a vital role to the Operations service delivery. Staff will on occasions be expected to extend shift times and change their start times with reasonable short notice and be flexible to work across Edinburgh Airport.
Job Purpose Summary:
Your role will be to provide proactive, fantastic, and memorable customer service, as Welcome Host for Edinburgh Airport
· You will endeavour to enhance the passenger experience and passenger touch points across the airports, providing support and information relating to additional covid measures.
· Prepare passengers for the security and immigration process; advising on what items are and not allowed through security and ensuring passengers have their passports and any additional covid documentation ready for inspection by UKBF.
· Queue management where required
· You may be required to support other areas of the terminal upon request of Edinburgh Airport
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Provide fantastic customer service to all passengers flying through Edinburgh Airport
· A full understanding of the Department for Transport (DFT) rulings and the implications on passengers.
· A good understand of airport facilities and locations
· To inform passengers of their compliance state and explain / coach passengers through the process of consolidation or abandonment of items though the security process
· Ensure abandoned items are disposed of according to the airport regulations
· Ensure areas are kept clean and clear in accordance with airport H&S policy.
· Report any maintenance or H&S issues to the Duty manager immediately.
· Report any accidents and incidents to the Duty Manager immediately.
· Support Edinburgh Airport management and staff with their operational requests.
· To escalate any relevant passenger feedback to the Duty Manager.
· Comply and support with ABM/Blackjack Promotions’ policies and procedures (sickness / lateness etc
Looking for something similar?
We currently have a range of opportunities that may be the next role you’re looking for.View all opportunities