Job objective & responsibilities
- Ensuring the security and safety of customer buildings and personnel.
- Responsible for protecting the security and safety of the identified buildings and personnel on site.
- Ensuring that assigned tasks are completed in a professional and timely manner and meet relevant legislations.
Our values & behaviours
This means respecting each other, great communication, valuing contributions, respecting differences and supporting one another.
This is about being honest, reliable and trustworthy and always delivering on promises.
This is all about teamwork and remembering that we are all working towards the same goal. It’s also about how we work with our clients and their other suppliers. We are one team!
This is about striving to always improve, working smarter, coming up with new ideas and having the confidence to share them. At the same time, it’s about embracing change.
This is all about striving to be the very best brand ambassador, exceeding expectations to build value and give us and our clients a real competitive advantage.
This is all about being consistent, organised and reliable. It’s also about doing what you say you are going to do and not promising what you can’t deliver.
- Apply and conduct oneself at all times in accordance with the site Assignment and Emergency Instructions
- The prevention of accidents, injuries, crime, fire and damage by any cause to the Landlords & Tenants property. The Security Officer must always follow the procedures detailed in the assignment instructions whilst at the same time paying strict regard to their own personal safety
- To work inline with all onsite procedures, risk assessments, method statements, assignment instructions and emergency procedures
- Comply with the Data Protection Act
- To provide a visible deterrent, reassuring the public
- To aid in reducing crime
- To ensure criminal offenders are apprehended and handed over to the local authorities – if deemed safe and legal to do so
- If necessary, attend court to give evidence
- To maintain your personal notebook in accordance with PACE Act 1984
- To undertake all duties in a safe and secure manner, taking into account personal safety and the safety of your colleagues and the public
- To provide an efficient, helpful and smart image at all times
- To alert the Control room operator of any person thought to be suspicious in any way
- Be vigilant for suspicious packages or parcels, and know the Client’s Procedures for evacuation if required
- Check the mall and building for potential fire hazards
- At no time should security take responsibility for keys of tenant premises
- Mall patrols covering all external areas where required
- S/O are not to patrol in pairs and not to stay in a one place
- To complete required patrols upon request from supervisor. Including Car Park and basement
- Monitor and check Toilet areas
- To enforce Centres code of Conduct
- To stop bicycles or skateboards being ridden through the mall
- S/O are to check and alert cleaners for spillages, full bins or other situations that require their attention
- Keep the mess room clean and tidy after use
- When covering the basement, to actively challenge those entering and make sure only authorised personnel are in the area
- To follow all reasonable instruction given by those supervising or managing your activities and or area of work
- Arrive for duty in good time and be ready for your shift start time
- Maintain a neat appearance and dress in accordance with the ABM facility services dress code (only stud earings and no hoodies)
- Complete documents in line with site requirements
- Escalate health and safety issues straight away to the control room
- Report any accident or injury to shift running supervisor or senior member of the team
Looking for something similar?
We currently have a range of opportunities that may be the next role you’re looking for.View all opportunities